~ First published in 1909
Mémoires d'une Fouettée was written by Aimé van Rod and published in 1909 with 10 artworks by M. Del Giglio. In 1924 the book was published with art from Gaston Smit, using one of his pseudonymes James Barclay.
The information concerning the illustrations is contradictory: on the title page, it is indicated "4 engravings in black, 4 engravings and 1 frontispiece in colors" while the cover indicates "4 engravings in colors including 1 frontispiece & 3 engravings in black".
Either the publisher had placed an order with the illustrator and only 7 of the 9 illustrations planned could be delivered in time, or it is a reprint with a reduced number of illustrations.
There was also a Spanish translation published with title 'Memorias de una Masoquista. Novela de amor' probably dating from the 1920s, with only information "Coleccion Imperio", Madrid.
Published under the pseudonym Victor Uberstezer ( which means translator in German). Art for the Spanish edition were signed Mel, Manuel Sierra Lafitte.
- Album 1 with art from M. del Giglio (1909)
- Album 2 with art from Gaston Smit (1924)
- Album 3 with art from Manuel Sierra Lafitte
Content viewable when logged in
The content behind this wall is available for logged in members. Already a member? Please login in here.
- As member you can view and download all art on the site, there are four different subscriptions: Free, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
- No renewals, subscriptions are for a fixed period.
- Payments are handled via PayPal, in case you prefer to transfer via bank wire be sure to contact me.
Having questions or experiencing problems with your account? Please read the Faq first or contact me via the site.