~ First published in 1870
Venus in Furs (German: Venus im Pelz) is a novella by the Austrian author Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, and the best known of his works. The novel was to be part of an epic series that Sacher-Masoch envisioned called Legacy of Cain (Das Vermächtniß Kains) which was never published.
Venus in Furs was part of Love (Die Liebe), the first volume of the series. It was published in 1870.
I thought it would be easy to find different publications with art, this was not the case at all. I had a few stored on my site already and managed to find a few more.
- Album 1, Letter written by Sacher-Masoch on his stationary with sketch from a lady in fur holding a whip, and a second one from Sacher-Masoch's stationary.
- Album 2 by Fritz Bucholz, published in 1921
- Album 3 by Bruno Schulz, published in 1920 (it's mentioned Xiega Balwochwalcza was Schulz's interpretation for Venus in Furs)
- Album 4 by Charles Raymond, published in 1928
- Album 5 by Suzanne Ballivet, published in 1954
5 albums/68 artworks
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view this content. Already a member? Please login here.
Not a member yet? As premium member you can view and download all art (without watermark and in large format)