~ 1901 - 1968 ~
Alexander Szekely was a very well-known graphic artist who worked in Budapest, Vienna and Paris between 1920 and 1940. This arstist was well know for making erotic drawings, some of which made lots of money at auctions. He also illustrated Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tales in the 1960s.
During his stay in Vienna he tried to work out a career as cartoonist for caberets like 'Der Liebe Augustin (1934) and l'ABC, directed by par Hans Margulies, between 1934 and 1937.
Between 1939 and 1964 some erotic portfolios appeared "under the counter" together with its original drawings in ink, charcoal or watercolor, sometimes captioned in German. He sometimes signed AS or Al. He illustrated texts by Ovid , François Villon , Paul Verlaine , Poe , etc., and produced many scenes of brothel and orgies.
Some of his works:
- Domina Mea (1935)
- Gemishtes Orchester - 10 variationen über ein Thema heiteres (ca 1939)
- Kezdők és haladók kedzere (1946)
- Szobalányszolgáltatás (1956)
- Die Schwestern lüsternen (ca 1959)
- Der Garten des duftende Scheich Nefzaui (1966)
- Die neue Erzieherin (1967)
- Jean Veenenbos, Volks-Erotik (1968)
6 albums/61 artworks
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view this content. Already a member? Please login here.
Not a member yet? As premium member you can view and download all art (without watermark and in large format)