~ 1896-1982 ~
Wighead was an illustrator of femdom/femsub BDSM/spanking novels in the 1930s. Over the years I have seen more artwork that can be connected to Wighead, someone once told me that drawings with the signature E.K were not from Wighead but from Eugene Klementieff. I am not sure about that since the style does show a lot of resemblance with the artworks that are connected to Wighead.
It is also mentioned that Wighead could be the same as Davanzo, both perhaps being the Italian artist Mario Laboccetta, using the pseudonym Marilac.
There are many artworks from this artist dwelling the internet, I have tried to connect the artworks to the original book they were published in, despite of my research it is always possible I made some mistakes here, should you discover wrong info please let me know using Report Errors link at the menu.
Books illustrated by Wighead:
– Les Cruelles frénésies de Van den Rook by J. Van Styk, Éditions du Couvre-Feu, c. 1932-35
– À genoux esclave ! by Jim Galding, Éditions du Couvre-Feu, c. 1934 or 1937 (published originally by Roland Brevannes)
– L’Orgie dominatrice by Jim Galding, Éditions du Couvre-Feu, c. 1934
– Épouvantes voluptueuses by J. Van Styk, Le Jardin d’Éros, 1935
– L’Infernale dominatrice by J. Van Styk, Le Jardin d’Éros, 1935 –
– Gitanes dominatrices ou Les Voluptés infernales by Jim Galding, Le Jardin d’Éros, 1935
– Chair sanglée ou Les Voluptés fétichistes by Grégor Yvan, Le Jardin d’Éros, c. 1935
– Émaux et camées by Théophile Gautier, Librairie Gründ, 1935
– Sous la croupe féminine by Jim Galding, Éditions Curio, 1936
– L’Orgie dominatrice, by Jim Galding, Éditions d’Antin, 1937
– Under the Feminine Croup, by Jim Galding, Éditions d’Antin, 1938